Me and the Bread Man

Me and the Bread Man
Me and the Bread Man

Friday, January 24, 2014

Truly...I have updating issues.

So, in an effort to get right to the heart of things, I will lay it out there. I did not get this updated like I said I would. LAST YEAR. How sad is that? I could sit here and tell you there were many reasons, such as kids, work, hubby, life, blah, blah, blah, but everyone has those things, right? That's how I feel about it. No excuses from now on. :)

Now, back to those long-awaited updates. Not sure if anyone actually reads my blog, so I may just be putting it out there for me, but who cares? Not this girl. Anywhooser, the kids are growing like weeds! Bry is now a strapping sophomore who plays football, xbox, raises piggies, and spends 99% of his time away from his parents. Typical teenager. Payton is a cute, sensitive, caring 2nd grader who thinks the world's best game is arguing with her mother. Her mother is not amused. Talum is in 1st grade, and loves to snuggle still (thank goodness), play basically anything, and looks up to his big brother like crazy. Then there is Avery. Avery, Avery. I feel like she will be the child who everyone knows by first and middle name, much like one of my sisters. She is a firecracker, determined to make her own way in the world. We wouldn't trade any of their unique traits for anything.

As for the hubby and me, we are in a much different place than when I started this blog. He no longer runs a bread route, and has began work in a manufacturing facility in our area. It is a great job, and he spends quite a bit more time with us, which is great. He has went back to school, which I am unbelieveably proud of him for, continues to cheer on all of his fav teams (Go Seahawks), and has made us resort to buying bread like common folk. Has anyone priced bread lately? Especially for a family of six?? Crazy prices people! Crazy prices! I shop at the thrift store, freeze bread (can you hear the collective gasp from bread men around the world), and am seriously considering how I can make it myself or go bread-free. Ha ha. That will never happen. We go through a loaf a day, and that gets EXPENSIVE!! We are loving his new place in life, but I miss the days of old, where I got premium bread, or those fancy breakfast breads all of the time. :( Oh well, I suppose it is worth it to have him at home more, right? Right.

Me? I am now a working woman. A woman of the world. A woman who has grown-up conversations during the day, who goes through most days without spit-up, drool, or who knows what else, on my person. I currently help people find work (the irony), and love the fact I can still teach aspects of life without the stress of lesson planning. I may return to the world of education someday, but for now, our life is trucking right along.

As I figure out what direction this blog will take, I hope you join me for the ride. I am currently reading Sense and Sensibility (on my nightstand), The Brothers Karamazov (on my desk at work), and Moby Dick (on my phone). All great, but tedious when you have other responsibilities, so I did a quick read (as in one day) of a fun little ditty called Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst. It was, as her reviews go, "a little bit naughty and a little bit nice". LOVED IT. Great filler for the still lingering 50 Shades let down. I highly recommend it if you are searching for a entertaining, quick read. Here is a link to it...
http://www.jenniferprobst.com/books/searching-for-someday/


If you got all the way to the bottom, thanks!! I love ya! Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment